Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Cemtrex is looking for a controls & instrumentation engineer to aid our growing business. The Engineer will have the opportunity to design and manage industrial control systems of manufacturing equipment for our various industrial products. This person should be independent, eager to learn new things on their own, be able to get a lot done with minimal supervision, pay close attention to details, and willing to take on challenging tasks.
Furthermore this person should be interested in helping assist servicing existing customers. We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality, who can combine technical skills with an energetic disposition. We need someone who enjoys designing a solution, assisting a client, and reaping all rewards of a successfully installed system.
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, electrical and controls systems to design and repair electrical control systems in a customer facility
- Installs and repairs electronic equipment, in field installations
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Provide technical support for installers of equipment or service technicians
- Operates CEM system to demonstrate equipment and to analyze and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools
- Consult with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance
- Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements
- Develop, build, and program functional test systems.
- Deal with controls and integration of different systems together
- Program PLC and develop new software using PLC software
- Experience with programming and logic flow charts
- Test and research new products
- A strong understanding of digital and analog machine controls as well as the use of PLCs in automation and monitoring.
- Previous experience with Controllogix systems is key for the position
- Experience with Allen Bradley Logic 5000 preferred
- 5+ Years Experience in Industry, Engineering Production, Manufacturing setting
- B.S. in Engineering – Electrical is a plus
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Problem solving, strong communication and project management skills coupled with the ability to establish good working relationships with all levels
- Must have the ability to work independently and take responsibility for actions
- Demonstrate initiative/self motivation.
- Possess proven problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of Analog and Digital signals
- Able to travel up to 50% of time, and internationally
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and electrical systems, including analog and digital signals
- Exposure to dust, noise, fumes, high voltage
- No problems climbing ladders – Working in high places
- Heavy lifting (75 lbs), bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, walking, standing for prolonged periods of time
- Work in adverse weather conditions
- Some travel will be required
We are pleased to offer a benefits package to all of our associates, regardless of length of service. The benefit package includes health, dental and vision insurance, and paid vacation.
Cemtrex offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. You will enjoy a creative, competitive and consultative sales environment that rewards you for your ability to meet and exceed sales goals. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.