Cemtrex is currently seeking a qualified professional for a position in Farmingdale, NY. The primary responsibility of this position is Technical Sales and includes calling on/developing new accounts and growing business at existing accounts. We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality, who can combine technical skills with an energetic disposition. We need someone who enjoys designing a solution, persuading a client, and reaping all rewards of a successfully installed system.
The ideal candidate can work with little supervision, feels the need to meet and exceed sales goals, and has a do whatever it takes attitude. This person has exceptional verbal and written skills and is comfortable developing new accounts from scratch. We are looking for someone who will be a key member of our team and help us continue to grow. Additionally, the candidate must be a self-starter who demonstrates a sense of urgency and initiative, and be able to work “hands-on” to be successful. Cross-functional team management skills will be essential, as both the marketing team as well as other functional groups within the company will partner closely with this individual. While technical proficiency with industrial systems and technical sales is essential, a passion for customer service will drive success in this role.
- Prospect, develop, and expand customer base including power generation plants, industrial plants, oil refineries, manufacturing facilities.
- Analyzes and interprets requirements based on equipment RFQs and write proposals for the company. Outline/highlight any special areas in buyer specifications to comply with buyer’s requirements, and formulate/direct the execution of the associated proposals.
- Work with inside sales and engineering team in the research and gathering of information related to the preparation of equipment design details, costs and specifications, direct initial concepts and identify application specific challenges.
- Directly support the project management work efforts, equipment proposals and processes, and act as the technical and contract liaison for the customer
- Developing new business from cold leads is a critical part of the job
- Close and manage 3rd party channel and affiliate relationships; grow strategic customer base via affiliate relationships by identifying prospects, pitching bi-lateral partnership opportunities, negotiating key terms and closing deals
- Develop sales tools, including product demonstration presentations, application notes, demo CDs, and technical documentation.
- Conduct sales training programs to cover products and related applications for both manufacturer representatives and customer base.
- Implement strategic sales initiatives into the region that complement the corporate goals and objectives.
- Manage representative channel including forecasting, establishment of sales goals and pipeline management as well as promotions and new product roll outs
- Participate in trade shows and local technical seminars when required.
- Maintain sales automation tool (CRM) with updates to contacts, pipeline, opportunities and forecast, and measure and optimize results vs. goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to sell up into organizations.
- Expert in MS Office
- Travel may be up to 30%
- Well versed in long sales cycle, ROI based selling and marketing techniques
- Experience in the utilities marketplace and familiarity selling into large corporations particularly industrial would be HIGHLY beneficial.
- Must possess strong listening skills, ability to (after training) listen to technical specifications and coherently relay requirements to factory.
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- Must have strong customer service and relationship building skills within industrial marketplaces.
- Strong relationship building skills required.
- BS degree in engineering preferred. Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial a strong plus
- Five (5) years minimum experience in sales/marketing of scientific instrumentation or industrial related products preferred.
Cemtrex offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. You will enjoy a creative, competitive and consultative sales environment that rewards you for your ability to meet and exceed sales goals. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.