LM 3188 AZL is an advanced dust monitor with semiconductor laser.
- Direct continous measurement of opacity or optical density
- Small, lightweight and easy installation
- Light source is a semiconductor laser, the advantages are listed in the following section
- Manual and automatic zero and calibration
- Fast assembly due to simple cabling and small holes required in the stack
- Adjustable alarm values and alarm relay
- Linear voltage output 0-1 V and current output 4 ... 20 mA
- Digital LCD-display and analogue display for D-value
- 4 operation ranges (0...0,03 D, 0...0,1 D, 0...0,3 D, 0...1,0 D)
- Continuous particle emission control in applications where the measuring path is maximum 40 meters
- Max. dust content 2g/m3
- This model is most commonly used in power plants that burn oil, coal or bio-fuel, in cement plants or in steel or iron furnaces.
- Model LM 3188 AZH available is suitable for dust contents up to 20g/m3 but otherwise offers the same features as LM 3188 AZL.
- A very compact and intense light beam, the diameter is only a few millimetres. This means that only small holes, 20 - 50 mm, are needed in the stack simplifying the installation.
- Good stability and long life. In contrast to designs that use more traditional light bulbs, needing constant compensation, the laser source is relatively immune to the aging effect. The typical life span of a semiconductor laser is up to 10 years.
- Due to the high intensity of the laser the device can penetrate higher dust densities
- Operation with known, clearly defined wave lengths. This makes the theoretical calculations and their results more predictable as opposed to conventional sources that operate over a broad range of wave lengths and whose spectrum changes with age.