MicroSAM, the newest on-line Process Gas Chromatograph from Siemens, brings a new dimension to the industry - small! Using modern silicon micro-machining techniques achieves miniature size while simultaneously increasing power and versatility. The explosion-proof enclosure contains everything you need for separation and detection of the measured sample integrated into the space of a small platter.
The highlights at a glance:
- Valveless live injection with software-adjustable injection volume
- Maintenance-free column switching and electronic pressure control
- Accurate measuring results by multiple parallel micro-detectors, i.e. MicroSAM uses a thermal conductivity detector array integrated on silicon to measure all column and vent flows as well as the injection peak itself
- Can be mounted directly at the sample extraction point because only a single auxiliary gas and very little electrical power is required
- Simple remote control with Windows-based software and Ethernet communication
Every MicroSAM measures a maximum of three sample streams plus one calibration stream. It is possible to install multiple MicroSAM analyzers at different measuring points in a plant, integrated in a complete analyzer network. This means that MicroSAM analyzers together with Maxum Edition II can be easily connected to a process control system and permit several process streams to be analyzed simultaneously. Such systems are easy to implement and achieve more information per time.