Griffin Filters is a leading technology company that provides vast solutions for environmental challenges and has been in business for over 50 years. The company is currently seeking a qualified professional for a position in Syracuse, NY. The primary responsibility of this position is Technical Sales and includes applications engineer – interpreting a customer’s requirements, designing a solution, and successfully marketing the company’s products. We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality, who can combine technical skills with an energetic disposition. We need someone who enjoys designing a solution, persuading a client, and reaping all rewards of a successfully installed system.
The ideal candidate can work with little supervision, feels the need to meet and exceed sales goals, and has a do whatever it takes attitude. This person has exceptional verbal and written skills and is comfortable developing new accounts from scratch. We are looking for someone who will be a key member of our team and help us continue to grow. Additionally, the candidate must be a self-starter who demonstrates a sense of urgency and initiative, and be able to work “hands-on” to be successful. While technical proficiency with industrial systems and technical sales is essential, a passion for customer service will drive success in this role.
- Prospect, develop, and expand customer base including power generation plants, industrial plants, oil refineries, manufacturing facilities.
- Analyzes and interprets requirements based on equipment RFQs and write proposals for the company. Outline/highlight any special areas in buyer specifications to comply with buyer’s requirements, and formulate/direct the execution of the associated proposals.
- Work with inside sales and engineering team in the research and gathering of information related to the preparation of equipment design details, costs and specifications, direct initial concepts and identify application specific challenges.
- Directly support the project management work efforts, equipment proposals and processes, and act as the technical and contract liaison for the customer
- Develop sales presentations, application notes, and technical documentation.
- Participate in trade shows and local technical seminars when required.
- Maintain sales automation tool (CRM) with updates to contacts, pipeline, opportunities and forecast, and measure and optimize results vs. goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree preferred. Associates degree acceptable with 5-10 years of air pollution control or chemical processing equipment experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to sell up into organizations.
- Expert in MS Office
- Travel may be up to 30%, Must be able to travel internationally
- Well versed in long sales cycle, ROI based selling and marketing techniques
- Experience in the industrial marketplace and familiarity selling into large corporations would be HIGHLY beneficial.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.